Big 10: NYS champ Sachem E. reigns at top
1. SACHEM EAST FIELD HOCKEY The Flaming Arrows (22-0) romped in the state tournament, outscoring opponents 9-0 and making it look easy en route to a second straight Class A state title. Karyn Ryan had two goals and an assist as Sachem East beat Liverpool, 3-0, in the final to complete a flawless season.
2. LAWRENCE FOOTBALL Junior Joe Capobianco threw for five more scores and now has a Long Island-record 35 TD passes this season after a 62-7 win over Valley Stream South. The top-ranked Golden Tornadoes are 10-0 with an-LI leading 506 points heading into the Nassau Conference III final against Plainedge.
3. SAYVILLE FOOTBALL The Golden Flashes extended Long Island's longest win streak at 22 with a 41-14 win over Huntington. Senior halfback John Haggart rushed for more than 100 yards for the 10th straight game for Sayville which meets Westhampton in the Suffolk Division III final.
4. SOUTH SIDE GIRLS SOCCER South Side girls soccer (19-0-1): Michaela Lynch and Christina Klaum each had a goal and an assist as South Side won their second straight state title with a 2-0 win over Jamesville-Dewitt. The Cyclones went unbeaten, outscored opponents 63-6 and captured their 17th state title.
5. JERICHO BOYS SOCCER The Jayhawks won their second consecutive state Class A championship with a 2-1 win over Port Chester. Jericho improved to 20-1-1 as Zach Cohen and Ajani Motta scored in the final.
6. ST. ANTHONY'S GIRLS SOCCER The Friars showed off their depth as six different players, led by Maggie Bill's goal and two assists, scored in a 6-0 rout of Notre Dame Academy of Staten Island to repeat as CHSAA state champions. The Friars finished 18-2-1.
7. WARD MELVILLE GYMNASTICS The Patriots won their second consecutive county title on Nov. 8, completing an 11-0 undefeated season and finished first in the Suffolk team meet. The Patriots scored 171.225 points in the county meet, a season high and won three of the four events at the meet.
8. SYOSSET GIRLS TENNIS Syosset (17-0) earned a lasting spot in the Big 10, winning its fourth consecutive Nassau title by beating Port Washington, 5-2. The Braves beat Half Hollow Hills East, 7-0, the claim the Long Island championship.
9. PORT JEFFERSON BOYS SOCCER The Royals earned back-to-back state Class C titles and finished the season with a perfect 21-0 record. Blake Bohlen scored in the Royals 1-0 win over previously unbeaten Lansing of Section IV. In the past two years the Royals are 39-1-1.
10. ST. ANTHONY'S GIRLS SWIMMING The Friars were the top Long Island finisher with 164 points and a third place finish in the state federation meet at Ithaca College. All three relay teams reached the final heat, led by the 200 freestyle (9th), 200 medley (4th) and the 400 freestyle (5th). Melissa Bischoff broke the CHSAA state record in the 100 yard backstroke this year.
On the outside looking in -- Glenn girls volleyball, Jericho badminton, Lindenhurst boys volleyball, Ward Melville girls swimming, Garden City girls swimming, Kings Park girls volleyball, Brentwood boys soccer, Northport boys cross country.